My First Oldsmobile T-shirt
At the age of 16 I bought my first Muscle Car. It was 1982 and 60’s Muscle Cars were plentiful and accessible, even for the limited budget of a young high school kid. The car was a 1968 Olds 442 W-30 Holiday Coupe, Jade Gold Metallic with Red fender stripes. It was rough, a little bit rusty especially the lower rear Q-Panels, but it was fast and it was mine! Of course what is the first thing to do for a fashion minded gear head in 1982, find a T-shirt that represented my new car and the pride I had in it. Back then, such a task wasn’t that easy. I searched high and low, and after a few months I only found one example. A shirt with a hot neon and black graphic ( it was the 80’s after all,) white cartoon T-shirt. It was a cheaply made T-shirt and after a few washes, didn’t even fit me anymore. After that I just started screen printing my own. What you see here is a very close reproduction of that original graphic, it’s my First Oldsmobile T-Shirt updated for today.
It’d different, quirky and very 80’s a time capsule of a time and youth long gone. It’s those factors that I think make it cool and I hope you do too.
• 100% combed and ring-spun cotton (Heather colors contain polyester)
• Athletic and Black Heather are 90% combed and ring-spun cotton, 10% polyester
• Fabric weight: 4.2 oz (142 g/m2) Medium Weight Jersey fabric
• Pre-shrunk fabric, unlike my first T-shirt, this one will fit the same wash after wash
• Side-seamed construction like a proper T-Shirt Should
• Shoulder-to-shoulder taping again, like proper T-Shirt Should